Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Doing it again

I didn't think there would be another update on this blog ever, ever again.

Honestly, the race was so NOT FUN that I was ready to quit all this, just like I quit all the other exercise routines I start. But then I thought about my three readers (hello!) and about how much I want to go to New York and so I took myself to the gym and started over again.

It was as if everything was telling me not to go. Marina was sick with a fever, so there was guilt about that. Then I forgot my water bottle. And the water fountain at the Y wasn't working. (Is that even legal?) Every little thing I took as a sign to just go home.

But I made it to the treadmill, and instead of concentrating on how long it takes me to run two miles or how long I can run without stopping, I just started running. And after a few minutes, I didn't feel tired at all. I was actually, OMG, having fun! And so that feeling, I imagine, is what Matt feels all the time. It only lasted me a total of four minutes, tops, but, hey, it's a start.

2 comments:

  1. hey Nina, I am reading too! I can't believe you are a runner now. I am in awe.
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete