Thursday, February 4, 2010

Last run before the race

and I have no good music WHATSOEVER programmed for the big day.

In fact, I owe my amazing time today (two miles in 30:10) to the fact that I was so distracted from trying to find something decent on my iPod that I didn't notice I had run an entire mile without stopping.

That's a lie. I totally noticed.

Another thing: I had been factoring my five minute warmup in my two mile time. Now, I walk for five minutes, stop the treadmill and then start again.
So it's not like I actually improved my time by two entire minutes, but let's pretend that I did.

Back to the music. Maybe it was my mood, or the fact that I had so many things to do that I had to write a schedule out for myself that was broken down in 30-minute increments, but nothing was inspiring me at all.

Also? Can I address this portion to VH1? I like to watch music videos in the background while I run and MTV stops playing theirs at 8 a.m. So I am forced to watch VH1. And guess what? Every time, EVERY TIME the exact same videos come on. I don't mind Rihanna all that much because she has some fun fashion happening. But is playing the exact same Train video twice in on hour really necessary?

Sorry.

Anyway, I was plugging along, ready to slow down. But then my absolute, number one most inspirational running song of all time came on my iPod. I've neglected to mention it before since it's kinda played out, but every time I hear "A-Punk" by Vampire Weekend, I'm instantly motivated. See, I like to try and put my foot down every time you hear the drum beat, and that means I have to go faster.

I wonder if 45 minutes of this song is a good idea for Saturday?

1 comment:

  1. You always make your own great music. Run, Nina, Run

    ReplyDelete