Saturday, January 30, 2010

A 5K, just because

Following the gluttonous day I had on Thursday, I pretty much kicked ass on the treadmill the next day.

First, I ran 3.1 miles, which is a 5K. My time was 48:15.
Also? I was able to run for 10 minutes in a row, followed by some other long intervals, but I stopped counting.
And then? I shaved 8 seconds off my two-mile time, running it in 32:08, if I remember correctly.

And right on schedule, as always, is the cold. It always happens when I start getting back into an exercise routine, I get sick. But since Matt advised me to take the next two days off, I'm hoping I'll be OK on Monday.

Still, my most important lesson learned was that Lady Gaga does not make for good running music. She may be fun for dance parties, but the beats are slower and more erratic than you'd think.

No comments:

Post a Comment