Monday, January 25, 2010

What the hell? Or an introduction

Six months ago, I was on a roll.
I was eating really well and exercising about four times a week and had lost about ten pounds.

But then I just stopped.
I'm not sure what happened. I can blame it on how we were suddenly making less money and had to move away from the most perfect house on the planet. There's also one night when I ate a donut after midnight and after that, we went to Boston and then I just stopped working out. I just stopped caring.

So obviously I gained all my weight back. I can just feel that if I don't take control of this now, I could end up being one of those women who has to get cut out of her house because she's so big.

So it's time to change my pattern.
Usually I can be really good for as long as six months, but then I kind of slowly revert back to old habits of eating too late at night and watching too much TV.

This time I'm going to have a goal. A ridiculous goal. One I can't even imagine because it's so preposterous. I want to run the New York City marathon in 2012.

Matt, as we all know, is a runner. He runs all the time. He's the fastest runner at our work. All he knows is running. His goal is to get back to the Boston Marathon before he's 40, which is kinda soon. (Hee, hee.) And because Matt and I are kinda competitive (No, I can type faster), I figured trying to get to NYC would be a good motivator to get in the best shape of my life.

So today was the day I hit the gym. And this blog will hopefully chart my progress from now until November, 2012.

On my first day back, I did two miles in 34 minutes, 15 seconds. I ran for five minutes without stopping twice in that time.
My most motivational song is totally, totally embarrassing, but this blog is all about honesty, so here it is:

1 comment:

  1. You go girl. If you want to run Boston (with or without running Rebel) you are of course welcome at Big Purple. Love you.

    ReplyDelete