Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The hump

For me, the second workout after I haven't exercised for a while is the most difficult. And today the tradition continued. It was hard for me to really get into it. I felt heavy and slow. Also, I had to exercise at work which is awkward on so many levels I'm surprised I actually made it through the door.

But I finished.

And I actually ran two miles in 32:16, which means I shaved two minutes off my first time.
Stats: ran five minutes in a row twice, then two minutes in a row twice over the course of that time.

My best song was Phoenix's "Lasso," inspiring me to keep running even though I really wanted to stop.

Here's a clip of that song when it was performed in San Diego. I was reviewing the show, so I had cushy seats in the stands, otherwise I would have been right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment